Suggest diet plan to manage weight

Question
I would like to get a diet chart for myself

Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Diet Plans

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Further details required

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your concern in the HCM.

I can definitely help you out with a personalized diet chart. But, for that I shall need the following information-
1. Your height, weight, waist circumference ( please see the below link to know how to measure waist circumference:
http://www.myhealthywaist.org/fileadmin/pdf/WCMG-Self-Measurement.pdf)

2. Do you have a history of any illness in the last 15 days?

3. Do you have any chronic illness(e.g. Diabetes, Thyroid disorder, Hypertension, Heart problem, Joint disease etc.) ?

4. Please attach reports of following investigations of dated after 29/06/2014-
i. Fasting plasma glucose
ii. Fasting TSH
iii. Fasting Lipid Profile
iv. Serum creatinine

5. Do you take any regular medications?

However, I can give you a generalized advice regarding healthy diet-
1. Your diet should contain high fiber, complex carbohydrate, animal proteins, unsaturated fats, limited oil and no extra salt. Bowl of fresh green leafy vegetables in the meal are great for health. Fruits and nuts are also beneficial.
2. For better digestion and avoiding bloating, frequent small meal at regular interval is best.
3. You should have milk and milk products especially curd if you can tolerate.
4. Egg protein or the egg white is good for health if you are not allergic to the same.
5. Avoid high sugar or carbonated beverages, fat and oily foods, excessive alcohol consumption and smoking.

Hope you are satisfied with my answer. If you think I have satisfactorily resolved your query, please rate my answer. If you have any further query related to this, please write back.
In case you have any new query in future, you can directly ask me questions @ http://www.HealthcareMagic.com/doctors/dr-kaushik-sarkar/68460. I will try my level best to help you.
Dr. Kaushik

Follow-up: Suggest diet plan to manage weight 14 minutes later

Height:5,7''
Weight:73 kgs
waist:33

NO

No

i. Fasting plasma glucose
ii. Fasting TSH
iii. Fasting Lipid Profile
iv. Serum creatinine

5. Do you take any regular medications?
NO

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
please find details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply. According to XXXXXXX standard, you are obese.
You also have central obesity, that makes you prone to develop type 2 diabetes from insulin resistance.
You haven't provided the investigation reports. However, a calorie and fat restricted diet chart is necessary.
1. At breakfast you can have a cup of milk with two low sugar biscuits. Alternatively, you may also have brown breads. A plate of salad may also suffice.
2. In lunch you can have 1.5 cup rice with 1 cup dal, 1 bowl of vegetables and 1 plate salad. If you are a non vegetarian, 100 g fish or chicken may be taken.
You can also have 1 plate curd after lunch
3. In the afternoon, 100 g fresh fruit, especially citrus fruit, may be taken.
4. In the evening you can have 1 cup tea with 2 biscuits or brown bread or "chhana".
5. At dinner, you may have 1.5 cup rice or 2-3 chapatti, 1 bowl of vegetables, 1 cup dal, 1plate salad.
6. For vegetables, the ideal ratio of roots & tubers, green leafy vegetables and other vegetables should be 2:1:2. Total 500 gms per day.
Whereas cereals should be limited to 375 to 400 gms per day.
Sugar and fat consumptions should not exceed 20 gm/day each.
No added salt is the rule. Try to limit salt intake to less than 5g/day

This is a presumptive diet chart based on the information provided.

If you have any questions, please write back. If you are satisfied with the answer, please close the thread and rate the answer.

Dr. Kaushik