Suggest diet plan to lose weight

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Can you suggest me a good diet plan to reduce my weight?? My current BMI is 26.2 according to which I am overweight person.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need some Information

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HCM.Thanks for writing in to us with your health concerns. Can you tell me whether you are vegetarian or not? Do you have sedentary lifestyle? What food items do you normally eat? This information will help me to guide you properly.Regards Dr Manisha Jain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 6 minutes later
yes mam, I am a vegetarian and my work involves long sitting hrs and no physical exercise...
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Simple diet advised

Detailed Answer:
Then you must cut on sugar(no sugar) if possible.
Other important not to take things are rice, potato and oil.
Oil means- refined vegetable oils, ghee, butter and cream as well.
Take toned milk and a lot of water.
Avoid grapes, mangoes, chikoo and banana.
Try to do walk for at least half an hour and always use stairs instead of lifts.
Avoid eating out as much as possible
Take small and frequent meals.
If hungry in between meals take sprouts, salads and other simple low calorie fruits like papaya, guava and apple.