Suggest diet plan for a person recovering from jaundice and liver hepatitis

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello Dr,

Had Jaundice & Liver Hepatitis from past few days, getting recovered after treatment, but as now I am out of home - need guidance on kind of food I should prefer & for how much duration ? Also inform any special care I should take to recover fast.
I am currently taking Liver52 & L-Omithine-L-Aspartate tablets & will continue for month

Attached is my reports, please guide on it
Thanks in advance !
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are recovering

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your query.

You are in the recovering phase as suggested by your blood tests.

Mostly you need to take home-made, hygienic food and cleaner drinking water. Contaminated water is the main source of infection. Wash your hands frequently.

In food prefer softer foods like khichdi, XXXXXXX rice and daal, etc. Can avoid complex foods like meat, fatty foods, raw vegetables for sometime until digestion is normal. Take adequate rest as needed by your body.

Dont worry, you are doing fine. Continue the liver52.

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar