Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Suggest diet plan for a 8 month old infant

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1813 Questions
Hi Doctor,

My Neice has just turned up 8 months old.

What type of care is necessary to the kid at this age. Like

1. What type of diet care to be followed do's n dont's.
2. We used to give stage 1 rice till today and We are currently give Cerelac stage 2 rice and vegetables flavour as baby crossed 8 months. Any better suggestions would be appreciated.
3. Can we give milk with XXXXXXX biscuit.
4. Can we give Raagi Malt
5. Cam we give rice, tuar daal, moong daal, zira mix in powdered form.

Mon, 7 May 2018 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may give all that

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on this platform

You can give all the mentioned items but better to give one after other at an interval of 3-4 days so that you will be able to know if there is any allergy or intolerance to one particular food item.
You can start cerelac stage 2.

Give at least 3 major meals that is one small katori of cereals with milk or pulses and two to three snacks (of fruits, biscuits, soup etc) and milk in between.
Continue giving breast feed particularly at night.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest diet plan for a 8 month old infant 21 hours later
Thanks for the response doctor.

Kid is experiencing continuous hiccups even on few seconds laugh, does it indicates anything and do we need to follow any care?

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need not to worry, just observe

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up

Hiccups are protective reflex and in most of the cases it is not associated with any complications. You need not to worry about that.
If it persists longer or associated with any abnormality like breathing difficulty or vomiting please get him evaluated by a pediatrician.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor