Suggest diet for lactose intolerance

Gastroenterologist
Question
I need to find a diet for foods for person with IBS-Lacto-intolerant-diarrhea-pro-biotic treatment.....Everything I've eaten for 2 months has caused diarrhea.....
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following foods for lactose intolerance...

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for the situation you are in.

When a person is Lactose resistant, they are advised to avoid foods high in lactose:
- Milk and its products
- cheese (soft cheese : cottage or ricotta)
- butter
Treatment of IBS also include avoid of alcohol and coffee, eat small portions of meals.

It is also important to eat often and small portions and continue taking probiotic. I advise to consider taking Lactacid, an enzyme that will help digesting.

Hope it answered to your queries! Let me know if anything unclear!
Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: Suggest diet for lactose intolerance 16 hours later
THANK YOU for your help, Dr. Klerida!

I am hoping to get this diarrhea "mess" cleared up before I go back to my doctor this Friday.... I had a lot of blood work done and a stool sample tested last week. Evidently that is where they found the probiotic issue but I haven't found the Phillips capsules helping much yet!

I am scheduled to go back for more tests....one, I believe will be a colonoscopy (probably misspelled!?!). Thinking back, I believe my sister and mother (both deceased now) were diagnosed as having Colitis and my daughter now seems to have a flare up occasionally. THIS HAS GOT TO BE SOMETHING IN OUR DIETS...(I buy bottled water as our city water is horrible to drink!) I drink Lactose Free Milk - and use I Can't Believe Its Not Butter...

I will get some Lactacid today and continue trying to find out just what is CAUSING THIS DIARRHEA!!! I appreciate so much your help and IF You Should find a Diet that will get me straightened out - Please send it to me or let me know where I can find it through the Internet.

Sincerely Yours, XXXXXXX Mann - 305 E. Live Oak St. - Cuero, XXXXXXX 77954

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Avoid lactose-rich foods...

Detailed Answer:

Generally, patients are advised to avoid foods high in lactose. No specific diet exists. Therefore, everything that contains lactose should be avoided; and others are encouraged to eat.

Continue taking lactacid as advised earlier and observe changes.

All the best!
Dr.Klerida