Suggest diet for lactose intolerance
Following foods for lactose intolerance...
I am sorry for the situation you are in.
When a person is Lactose resistant, they are advised to avoid foods high in lactose:
- Milk and its products
- cheese (soft cheese : cottage or ricotta)
Treatment of IBS also include avoid of alcohol and coffee, eat small portions of meals.
It is also important to eat often and small portions and continue taking probiotic. I advise to consider taking Lactacid, an enzyme that will help digesting.
Hope it answered to your queries! Let me know if anything unclear!
I am hoping to get this diarrhea "mess" cleared up before I go back to my doctor this Friday.... I had a lot of blood work done and a stool sample tested last week. Evidently that is where they found the probiotic issue but I haven't found the Phillips capsules helping much yet!
I am scheduled to go back for more tests....one, I believe will be a colonoscopy (probably misspelled!?!). Thinking back, I believe my sister and mother (both deceased now) were diagnosed as having Colitis and my daughter now seems to have a flare up occasionally. THIS HAS GOT TO BE SOMETHING IN OUR DIETS...(I buy bottled water as our city water is horrible to drink!) I drink Lactose Free Milk - and use I Can't Believe Its Not Butter...
I will get some Lactacid today and continue trying to find out just what is CAUSING THIS DIARRHEA!!! I appreciate so much your help and IF You Should find a Diet that will get me straightened out - Please send it to me or let me know where I can find it through the Internet.
Sincerely Yours, XXXXXXX Mann - 305 E. Live Oak St. - Cuero, XXXXXXX 77954
Avoid lactose-rich foods...
Generally, patients are advised to avoid foods high in lactose. No specific diet exists. Therefore, everything that contains lactose should be avoided; and others are encouraged to eat.
Continue taking lactacid as advised earlier and observe changes.
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diet for lactose intolerant adults
- Been diagnosed lactose intolerant doing fodmap diet is this advisable
- Is milk of magnesia alright to take on a lactose intolerant diet
- Lactose intolerance diet
- Milk of magnesia and lactose intolerance
- Lactose intolerance 1500 calorie diet
- Diarrhea lactose intolerance diet followed but diarrhea not stopped
- Lactose intolerance and cavities
- Microgynon lactose intolerance
- Having hiccup-belching-farting nausea stomach discomfort lactose intolerant on caltrate suggestions