Suggest diet for 6 month old baby
start once or twice daily for first month
Thanks for writing to us.
After 6 months you need to start weaning foods apart from breastfeeding.
For next one month : 1-2 times other foods (rest breast or formula feeding)
From 7th month : 2-3 times other foods , increase to 4 from 8th month and 5 from 9th month.
After that 6 times food, plus breastfeeding.
As you can see you shouldnot stop breastfeeding , taper it down slowly.
After one year day time food plus night breastfeeding.
1. You can start weaning foods like rice gruel or kheer or boiled apple and boiled vegetables or cerelac, etc. Initially for one month give only once or twice a day. Rest should be breastfeeding and formula.
3. Exact quantity varies from baby to baby.
Don't force feed every time. The moment he refuses to feed wait and try again after an hour or so.
4. Feed in calm and dark place to avoid distractions.
5. After 7 months gradually add home available foods ( low salt Low spice )like idli, kitchdi,dhal rice, etc in soft form (mashed with hands)
6. Add oil or ghee to each food item.
7. Avoid cows milk till 1 year.
Almost liquid like till 7 months,
Semisolids from 8 months
Soft Solids from 10 months
Egg yellow from 8 months, white from 1 year
Fruits and vegetables all types in plenty ( atleast two servings each per day )
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Wishing your baby good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest ideal diet for 19 year old baby
- Proper food diet for a 11 months old baby
- Suggest diet for 6 month old baby
- Diet chart for 6th month old baby
- Diet plan for a 7 month old baby
- Loose motion diet 6 month old baby
- Proper diet for 7 months old baby
- Diet for 20months old baby
- Diet chart for 7 month old baby
- Suggest diet for a 9 months old child