Suggest diet chart during pregnancy

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Diet Plans
Question: hi,
I m planning for a baby.
can u please help me with diet chat.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Healthy diet

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The very first thing, you both have to involve in unprotected sex without any contraceptive method around ovulation day or fertile days for at least 6-12 months. Ovulation occurs 14 days prior to next period due date. In case of regular period with 28-30 days duration, your fertile days will be from 11th-18th days of each cycle. You can use ovulation prediction kit (LH kit) to predict ovulation time in mid cycle. With this protocol, chances of pregnancy can be maximized.

In preconception period, you both can take Vitamin-E and folic acid supplements for at least 3 months. Additionally, take healthy diet, control body weight by regular physical exercise, try to avoid mental stress/ emotional upset by regular meditation/ yoga, drink more water and eat fresh fruits, maintain genital hygiene and take sound sleep with complete relaxation. There is no specific diet that will help you conceive. Taking a healthy wholesome diet with plenty of fresh green vegetables and fruits will help.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal