Suggest diet and medication for weight loss
What are your blood sugars?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
Treatment of diabetes comprises of the following in order of preference.
2. Diet and life style modifications,
And if the above two measures fail
It is not because you are diabetic that your doctor would immediately prescribe medications. It is wrong and not good practice. I know he must have advised on life style modifications and regular exercises. Also, weight loss is going to do you so much good at controlling the blood sugars. Should you follow these measures and not feel better or your blood sugar keeps rising, then your doctor would consider adding an oral medication.
In all, I advice you don't rush to drugs just now. First start with regular exercises, dietary changes with low sugars, much fruits and vegetables, low fats, etc. This would be the most meaningful part of treatment and drugs would only be considered to supplement and not replace these.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Please suggest me some medication for post pregnancy weight loss
- What are the exercises diet and medications for weight loss
- Drugs/medication for Weight loss
- Suggest medication for weight loss and pain
- Medical reasons for weight loss
- Suggest diet plan for weight loss and weight gain
- Could you please suggest a weight loss medication
- What is the suggested medication for weight loss
- Suggest medication for dizzinessear infection and weight loss
- Suggest some diet fitness and weight loss tips