Suggest diet and lifestyle changes to treat thyroid nodules
TFTs, scintigraphy to rule out malignancy based on clinical suspicion
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
In case of thyroid nodules, Thyroid function tests including TSH, T 3, T 4 should be done and based on the clinical suspicion ultrasonography along with thyroid scintigraphy can be advised to rule out any malignancy. The Natural cures you referred to , are practiced as part of alternative medicine. However , conclusive evidence of their effectiveness based on authentic studies is not known.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
for cosmetic purpose a general surgery consult for excision of the nodules
If there is no malignancy and the thyroid function tests are normal then most likely there is no serious pathology and the nodules can be monitored over time. There is no effective and proven natural treatment for reduction of the nodules. For cosmetic purposes, you may consult a general surgeon for excision if you feel uncomfortable with them.
Let me know if you have any query
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid nodules and hiccups
- Diet to shrink thyroid nodules
- Thyroid nodule cough
- Thyroid nodule muscle twitching
- Thyroid nodule changes caused by tanning bed
- Thyroid nodules hashimotos thyroiditis
- Testicular microlithiasis and thyroid nodule
- Tumeric for treating thyroid nodules
- Tanning beds and thyroid nodules
- What do you suggest for growing thyroid nodules