Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Suggest cure for Gallbladder stone

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions
best way to cure GB stone? how risky is telescopic therapy? could you share the number to discuss or call me at 0000 thanks
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: best way is laparoscopic cholesystectomy Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. Unlike kidney stones, which can be dissolved by medicines or broken down with ultrasound beams, with good results...the results of similar treatment to gall stones have been disappointing, with very high recurrence rate for gall stones. So the treatment of choice for them is surgical excision of the gall bladder. Now for that, you can go for either open surgery or laparoscopic (telescopic) surgery. Open surgery gives a big incision with prolonged postoperative pain... laparoscopic approach gives very cosmetic scar, with very minimal postoperative morbidity, and is equally safe in experienced hands as it gives magnified view of inside is now the gold standard for the management of gall stones. Hope that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards, Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor