Suggest course of treatment for chlamydia
Symptoms will take 1-2 weeks to settle following treatment
Hi, Welcome to HCM
Thanks for posting your query
You had not mentioned what type of treatment you had for Chlamydia infection. Is it single dose therapy or multidose therapy? If so how long you had your medicine?
If you had single dose therapy, symptoms would take 1-2 weeks to settle. Examination of urine will tell whether you need more treatment or not. Your physician will guide you in this regard.
Get well soon.
Dr S Murugan
Single dose Erythromycin is not an approved treatment for Chlamydia
Erythromycin? At what dose? Erythromycin single dose was not recommended in any guidelines. But Azithromycin 4 pills of 500 mg as a single dose is a well recognized and accepted treatment. Abstinence from sex for a period of 1 week is a must. Partners also have to be treated simultaneously. If there is failure (Urine examination will reveal) A 15 days treatment with Doxycyclin would be useful. If symptoms are persistent think of other possibilities like infection of urethra other than Chlamydia.
Get well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chlamydia opthalmic treatment
- How to treatment chlamydia
- Chlamydia treatment flucloxacillin
- Treatment for chlamydia in men
- Sex after chlamydia treatment
- Symptoms after chlamydia treatment
- Tetralysal treatment for chlamydia
- Chlamydia treatment with ampiclox
- After treatment for chlamydia
- Chlamydia treatment in pregnancy