Suggest counter top medicine to reduce wrinkle

Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello, I would like to know if there any out of counter medicine or cream that is safe and help to reduce wrinkle area in sensitive face and hands?
I get burn easily even drive to work had try few cream and see dermarc doctor for some lotion but seems like not really help..
thank you
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Retinol based topical products

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thank you for posting on HCM.
I can understand your concern regarding the skin condition.
Wrikles are created due to decrease in supportive connective tissue of skin like collagen and overactivity of underlying muscles, which is induced due to normal aging, UV light etc.
More importantly the fact here is there is no cream whatsoever powerful enough to treat the wrinkles.
Only treatment that works is BOTOX therapy and fillers to some extent.
In topical formulations, molecules like retinol, tretinoin etc can take care of fine lines and can prevent the further worsening of aging.
Also, you can get chemical peels like TCA or retinol peel or laser therapy from your dermatologist.
Still, If you want to use topical formulation I would suggest RESTYLANE day and night cream by GALDERMA and YUGARD cream (Night use only ) by RANBAXY.
Use broad spectrum sunscreen everytime you step out in sun.
Hope this will take care of your issue.
Let me know if you require any more assistance from my side.
Thank you and take care
Dr Hardik Pitroda
M.D Dermatology
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju