Suggest cough syrup that can be taken safely with BP medication
Due to change in weather i go cough problem from 10days (broncitis type) with chest congestion.
Please suggest a cough syrup which i can take safely with my BP Mediciines.
age 36 yrs
take Mucinex-dm syrup.
Welcome to HCM.
I have read your query and understand the concern.
This kind of cough due to change in weather are most likely either due to viral or allergic in nature.It only requires symptomatic treatment and usually does not require antibiotic course.
Here,you can take Mucinex-dm (available over the counter) which contains Dextromethorphan, a cough suppressant in combination with Guaifenesin, an expectorant which helps to loosen congestion in your chest or throat and making it easier for mucus/phlegm to cough out through mouth.
You can take 2TSF daily two or three times for symptomatic relief and it won't have any effect on your blood pressure,so no need to worry about it.You can continue blood pressure pills.
You can also have warm salt water gargles which will further help to get relief from throat soreness and irritation if you have.
Hope this helps.
Thanks and Regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest pain medication when on bp medications
- Kalms with bp medication
- High blood pressure on bp medication suggestion
- Can symbicort be taken with high bp medications
- High bp anxiety taken bp medication had divorce
- Bp medication that causes fatigue
- Side effects of bp medication
- Usages of bp medication
- Taking centrum with bp medical
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication