Suggest correct treatment for typhoid fever
Clinical assessment & review of tests required
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.
Typhoid fever is diagnosed by Widal test.
The antibody titre of 1:160 is suggestive of a positive Widal test.
However, Widal test has its limitations also.
It can give false positive and false negative results also.
Treatment of typhoid fever is antibiotic therapy. Fluoroquinolones are the most common drugs used for typhoid fever.
Carrier stage can also occur in typhoid fever.
Thus, with Widal test with 1:160 titres, conditions which can be false positive should also be ruled out.
Clinical assessment and review of test is required before starting any treatment.
If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment of typhoid fever during pregnancy
- Treatment of typhoid fever in pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for typhoid fever
- Medical treatment for typhoid fever
- Typhoid fever treatment
- Typhoid fever treatment in ayurveda and unani
- What treatment is suggested for typhoid fever
- Typhoid fever treatment for child
- Treatment and cure for Typhoid fever
- Antibiotic treatment for typhoid fever