• question-icon

Suggest contraceptive medication for birth control

Posted on Mon, 25 Jan 2016 in Birth Control
Question: hi,
We are recently married, goin for honeymoon,Me and wife actually not prefer to use condom. what can be the best way for contraception? Is it safe to use I Pill after several intercourses within 48 hrs?
how to calculate safety period? she does not like to condom at all. what is good contraception for as we are going for a week?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
OCPs advised

Detailed Answer:
hello and. welcome to HCM forum.. the best form of contraception would be to be on oral contraceptive pills. it is not a good. practice to have ipills . it can cause hormonal disturbance. Unsafe period for sex is from 10th to the 18th day of cycle. first day being the initiation of menses. hope I have helped you with your query. regards
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN