Suggest cold and cough medication for a lactating mother
chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine
Thanks for writing to us.
Usually cold and.cough is viral.
If you are already breastfeeding then only a few medicines are considered safe.
Try chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine combination available in various brand names.
I usually prescribe febrex plus tablet.
This can be taken once or twice daily but if symptoms don't improve Consult your doctor.
Also do steam inhalation and saline gargling which will help symptomatically.
Ensure you drink plenty of liquids and milk and juices to keep hydrated.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Children having severe persisting cough medication
- Fart when i cough medical
- Please suggest baby cold cough medication
- Can you take oxyelite with cough medication
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss when on cough medication
- What causes palpitations in cough medication expectorants
- Cipralex and cough medications
- 4 year old having persisting cough medication
- Can i take digeplex for indigestion caused by cough medication
- Coughing medication for baby one year old