Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest cheaper treatment for circumcision

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 15964 Questions
I have a friend, a woman with a 9 year old child who is not circumcised and the doctor says he has phimosis. She has read that some doctors do laser for this and prefer it. I"m wondering what that might cost for her child. thank you. XXXXXXX XXXX( this woman lives in Las Vegas by the way ) She doesn't have a lot of money and is afraid for her child.
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please go for conventional Circumcision Detailed Answer: Hi. circumcision is a very routine procedure and the results are the best with the conventional techniques. I do not see a single advantage of doing it by laser. Any procedure done by laser will cost one far more than the conventional surgery. If she has not much of money tell her to for the the routine surgery, I can assure you , one does not need lasers for such types of surgery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest cheaper treatment for circumcision 5 hours later
Doctor, Thank you for your reply. I understand what you are saying and I appreciate the fact that you are concerned that the idea of using a laser and the how much more money it would cost. I would like to ask you, isn't it a more difficult if the child is 9 going on 10 years old and he has phimosis? Or are the two that similar? Thank you, XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: only difference of cutting mode for the foreskin Detailed Answer: Hi. The difference between the two procedures is the the mode of cutting the skin. Rest of the procedure is going to be absolutely same. So either of procedures are practically the same except for cutting and trimming the excess foreskin.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor