Suggest blood test to determine overall health
Few more details can you give me a better idea.
Welcome to HCM forum.
I can guide you better if you clarify few questions.
Are you having any symptoms or health related issues?
Do you have past history of any significant illness?
Are you on any regular medications?
Any diseases like diabetes/hypertension/hyper cholesterolemia/coronary artery disease/stroke /malignancies running in your family?
Have you done any pap smear till now?
Finally, tell me your body weight (kg) and height (cm).
Some details you have already given; but just want to confirm.
Waiting for your reply
Thank you for responding to my Health question. As requested, I have provided answers to your questions.
1. Are you having any symptoms or health related issues?
Recent issues include: Urgency and bladder pain when full (usually after sleeping). Allergic reaction on my neck a few times. Got sick from an overdose of Vitamin C drops and Pineapples.
2. Do you have past history of any significant illness?
Two Cesarean Births (1988 and 1989), Bartholin’s Cyst during/after pregnancy (surgically treated in 1988), Bacterial Vaginosis (treated in late 1900s, possibly due to Tampons or fragrance), and One abortion (1996), one Blighted Ovum/Miscarriage (2000).
3. Are you on any regular medications?
4. Any diseases like diabetes/hypertension/hyper cholesterolemia/coronary artery disease/stroke /malignancies running in your family?
My Father, Mother, and Grand Parents have experienced the aforementioned types of illnesses.
5. Have you done any pap smear till now?
Not in the last five years however I have not been sexually active in the last five years either. Last pap smear and full STD Blood work had Normal results in late 2003.
6. Finally, tell me your body weight (kg) and height (cm).
Body weight: 125 lbs. and Height: 5’3 ¾.
Some blood tests and lifestyle modification are advised.
Thanks for the reply.
From the given details, I would suggest the following steps:
1) As you have family history of cardiovascular morbidity, we have to evaluate for that- This will include a fasting and postprandial blood sugar(or HbA1C), serum lipid profile, and a complete hemogram(to look for factors like anemia).
Also, begin lifestyle modification with a healthy diet(low in calories/fat and high in fruits and veggies), regular moderate exercise and abstinence from smoking and alcohol(THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP).
2)A urine routine examination and culture to evaluate for bladder symptoms. If detected, UTI can be treated with appropriate antibiotics; meanwhile just keep good hydration.
3)Still, a repeat pap smear advised.
It will be fine if you can discuss these issues with your primary care physician.
Be free to ask further questions if any.
Wishing you good health.
Thank you for your medical advise. You mentioned the Anemia factor as a significant illness in your response and I did not mention that I was diagnosed with Anemia or Iron Deficiency and had Cryosurgery as a precaution for Abnormal cell detection in 1988 Pap Smear after pregnancy.
hemogram is a part of any basic medical evaluation
There is nothing to worry in this.
I have not at all taken aneamia as a significant issue from your history.
I suggested a haemogram not because you have symptoms / signs /diagnosis of aneamia, but only because it is a part and parcel of any basic medical evaluation.
In your case, this can also give clue towards presence or absence of UTI.
Also, with given history of abnormal pap smear before, a repeat test will be the best decision.
Hope you got it cleared.
If you have no further questions, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what is my health condition
- Blood test to determine ovulation
- Can blood test determine why ankles swell
- Done blood test for child what does it suggest
- Can a blood test for protein levelsanemia determine pregnancy
- Alcoholic blood tests done suggestions
- Blood test to determine menopause
- Done blood test and echo suggest diet and medicine
- Done with blood test for cholesterol suggestions
- Blood tests show positive for typhoid suggestions
- What causes imbalance,dizziness and stiff neck after a head injury?
- Should a fall after knee replacement be a cause of worry?
- Suggest treatment for long mensuration bleeding
- Suggest treatment for swollen testicles
- Suggest treatment for red itchy bumps around belly button
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with persistent fever
- What does ALT/SGPT of 52 indicate?
- What causes redness in eyes?
- Suggest treatment for cyst in ear lobes
- What causes delayed periods after taking Sysron N1BD?