Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suggest best treatment for Paralysis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 146 Questions
Hi, I am XXXXX From Bangalore. I need to the best treatment for Parallesis (stroke) which is attacked for my father from past 3.5 years. He is getting cured day by day but he is not able talk. So please giude me by treatment he should be able to talk.please help me.
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 1 hour later
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX ji
I suggest the following to your father.
1. Repeat NCCT HEAD /MRI BRAIN to see if there are any secondary changes in brain like gliosis etc

2. Continue with preventive medications viz. ecosprin /atorvastatin / clopidogrel/ antihypertensives/ antidiabetic medications as advised by doctor (depending on whether it was ischemic/hemorrhagic stroke

3. Continue with physiotherapy & speech therapy

4 at times speech loss is there in left sided brain lesions, then patient needs rehabilitation in the form of sign /gesture languages

5 regular follow up with neurophysician is to be continued

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX XXXXXXX consultant neurosurgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor