Suggest best salty food items for an infant
High salt in diet is not advisable at any age
Hi...High salt in diet is not advisable at any age.
But at this age what he needs is complimentary feeding advice which you can follow. But you can always add ghee and salt for added taste and palatability.
At this age you can start giving Cerelac stage one rice or Nestum rice stage 1 etc. All are same in calories and energy. Only thing is palatability which is subjective for each kid.
Other home-made food options will be -
1. Daal and rice well cooked and made into a porridge along with ghee
2. Boiled apple or banana and mashed into a paste.
3. Any made cereal porridge preparation with additional ghee added.
Remember certain principles like -
1. Add one food material / cereal or fruit per week. This will be useful because if he develops vomiting or diarrhoea, we will know what to avoid.
2. Add vegetables and fruits made into a paste surely to avoid constipation.
3. Do not add too much sugar as it may cause diarrhoea.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?