Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Suggest best option for fibroid treatment without removing uterus?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 2995 Questions
Fibroid treatment suggestion for the best option. I'm not yet married and do not want to remove the uterus. Please let me know the best option under this circumstance. can you suggest best hospital or doctor who can perform surgery saving uterus. Thank you!
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 52 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

In my opinion you should go for laparoscopic myomectomy in which a gynaecologist will remove your fibroids with the help of laparoscope. As the fibroids are multiple medical treatment is not very effective. Beside that, laparoscopic surgery preserves your uterus and these are minimal invasive surgery.

You should consider marriage also because fertility decreases symptoms of fibroid.

I understand you wish to know good hospital. Let me know your location, I might be able to suggest one.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further questions I will be happy to help you.

Dr. Richa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest best option for fibroid treatment without removing uterus? 10 hours later

Thank you for the positive reply. I stay in hyderabad.
I have consulted 2-3 hospitals in hyd, they suggest open Myomectomy.

Location is not a constraint from me, can you please suggest Hospital or Dr where i can go for laparoscopic myomectomy.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 16 minutes later

You can consult Dr. Rooma XXXXXXX MD, DNB, MNAMS consultant gynaecologist and obstetrician in Medwin and Care Hospital, Hyderabad. She is expert in minimal invasive laparoscopic surgery.

In my opinion if it is possible you can consult her once for your problem, If you have any further question kindly write me.

Good luck.
Take care.
Dr. Richa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor