Suggest best hair growth shampoo to prevent hair fall

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Which is the best hair growth shampoo.my age is 26.I have bald XXXXXXX please tell us.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
MINOXIDIL lotion or shampoo application on bald area.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic,

I have read your query and understand your concerns as you are losing hairs at early age.

There are different reasons for hair loss like improper hair care result in excessive hair loss,hereditary thinning or balding, combing and brushing too often can also damage hair or in certain diseases like diabetes and thyroid disorders.

Basic blood tests can be done to find any cause.

Before giving any specific treatment,I would like to know that whether you have problem of dandruff or itchy scalp simultaneously.

Hair loss can be regained by MINOXIDIL lotion or shampoo application on bald areas.

Minoxidil should be used on absolutely clean scalp. Since the drug is available in an alcoholic base therefore it won't mix with Oil and Oil would form film impermeable to Minoxidil.

Results are usually noticeable over a period of 6-12 months of regular Minoxidil topical use and oral treatment.

However you should take minoxidil only after consulting skin specialist as it is a prescription drug.

Hope this detailed information will help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar