Suggest back strengthening exercises for back pain
I AM 54 YEAR OLD MALE , NECK OF FEMER BONE FACTURE DUE TO ACCIDENT 20 YEARS AGO.
PRESENT X RAY AND MRI REPORT TOTAL NACROSIS OF FEMER HEAD, DR. ADVICE FOR HIP REPLACEMENT.
AT PRESNT I AM TAKING NO MED. CAN WALK FREELY , NO PAIN, SWWIMING 4O MINUTES DAILY. AVOID TO SEAT ON FLOOR , IN LAST JANUARY THERE IS SUDDEN BANK PAIN , MRI REPORT DIFFUSE BULDGE, AFTER TRACTION AND REST NO PAIN . NORMAL LIFE,
PL. SUGGEST ME DRUGS AND EXERCISE FOR MY NACROSIS AND DIFFUSE BULDGE
Focus on low impact activities, such as swimming.
Thanks for your query.
I suggest you to try back strengthening exercises by extension of the back muscles which can be taught by your Physiotherapist.
Back strengthening exercises are as follow.
1. Lie on your back on a flat and firm surface. Grip your hands behind both of your thighs and pull them toward your chest. Hold this position for 30 seconds, then rest and repeat.
2. Kneel on flat firm surface and rest your buttocks on your heels. Lower yourself slowly and raise your arms out in front. Hold this stretch for 30 seconds and then come back to neutral position. Repeat this process favoring your left side next and then your right side. Keep rotating center, left and right.
3. Lie on your back on a flat and firm surface. Your feet should be flat, knees bent, and your legs should be together. Tilt your pelvis and push your lower back to the floor and slowly lift your buttocks off the floor as far as possible without straining. Hold this position for 5 seconds and then lower your buttocks to the floor
I would suggest you to continue swimming as this will help most in back conditions.
It is important to maintain as much activity and joint motion as possible, but it has to be kept in mind that impact activities will aggravate arthritis. Running and jumping will often accelerate cartilage loss from the joint. The key is to focus on low impact activities, such as swimming or cycling. These are the best forms of exercise with arthritic hips as they do not require significant weight bearing across the hip joints.
Avoid weight bearing exercises.
Taking calcium and vit D supplements will be helpful.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Back pain middle of back
- Suggest some exercise for back pain and weight loss
- Suggest medication for back pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Exercises for chronic back pain
- Having back pain suggest some exercise or diet
- Suggest some exercise for back pain and knee pain
- Back pain in ict back pain
- Suggest medicines for back pain
- Core exercises for back pain
- Is SAAZ an effective medicine for Sacroilitis? Any alternate medicine?
- Suffering from external hemroids. Having irregular bowel movement and...
- What is knee resurfacing surgery? Can a person lead a normal life?
- Having soreness in arm. MRI of shoulder and knee done. What does the...
- Suffering with back pain. What should I do to get cure?
- Suffering from back pain. How to get relief?
- Having continuous pain in hand. How to get relief from pain?
- Have had fracture in ribs. Had a small pneumothorax. Why am I feeling...
- Found a lump on the leg. X-ray and ultrasound is to be done. What could...
- Is it safe to take vyvanse 100mg prior to surgery?