Suggest Ayurvedic Treatment For Severe Acne
need more details
Thanks for contacting Ayrveda with your health concern and before proceeding for treatment do let me know:
1. Are these acne related to teenage group or is/are due to any other cause? (low hemoglobin, low thyroid profile?
2. Are pimples in discussion black heads-white heads-pustules/nodules-or cyst?
3. Are you married (since pregnancy or getting pregnant) can cause the same, OR had you stopped taking birth control pills?
4. Is diet rich in carbohydrates-fats/oils/ spices/junk food?
PS. Acne in themselves are not dangerous but if remain untreated can cause permanent scars and low self esteem.
Do revert back with your concerns.
Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
2. Are pimples in discussion black heads-white heads-pustules/nodules-or cyst? Some times Black Heads and pustules/nodules don't know about cysts
3. Are you married (since pregnancy or getting pregnant) can cause the same, OR had you stopped taking birth control pills?Married Yes,Not Pregnant,Not Taking Pills
4. Is diet rich in carbohydrates-fats/oils/ spices/junk food? carbohydrates-fats/oils/ spices/
Thanks for reverting back.
1. Yes do have these baseline investigations and clinical examination for any underlying pathology.
2. In the mean time, just wash your face with Besan and lukewarm water (best natural bleaching agent), removing excess sebum and dead skin cells.
i. Use of fresh vegetables and fruits, stay hydrated (drink 10-15 glasses of water/ day)
ii. Avoid: Sugar (in any form), caffeine, cheese, oily-spicy-dry-fried food, chocolates, cakes, iodized salt, soft drinks.
iii. Avoid exposure of the skin to severe climatic conditions.
iv. Friction makes PIMPLES more likely to erupt, so do not over-scrub or touch the affected area whenever possible.
PS: because Skin & Nervous system has a common Embryological origin (thus acting as an initiating or aggravating factor), thus treatment is directed as "Psychosomatic Treatment"
- Apply Khas-Khas and Jayphal or medicated lepas like (gloface lepa) or (Acnil Lepa).
. Apply a paste of turmeric in the skin before going to sleep, and wash after a few minutes. In the morning remove any remaining yellow tinge with a paste of chickpea flour and oil.
. Saariva,Manjishtha, Turmeric, Daruharidra, Chopchini,Amalaki, can be given as single or in compound form (ointment or Orally)
. Manjishtha Oil,Kumkumadi Oil for massage.
. Do’s: old rice, green gram, red gram, banana, java plum, butter milk, goat’s milk, clarified butter, soup, cumin seeds, mint.
.Don’ts: Wheat, peas, garlic, betel nut, cow’s milk, sour and hot food, excess water.
. Shankh Bhasm 125-500 mg with lukewarm water with honey 4 times a day.
. Syrup Livomyn, Drakshassv, Makarprash Dashmoolarishta, Aloe Vera juice, Chitrakadi vati is beneficial, check with your Physician there.