Suggest ayurvedic treatment for cerebellar ataxia

Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Ayurveda
Question: Hi my Father is suffering from cerebellar ataxia. He is 62 now and he has the disease for last 4 years. doctor suspects it as spino cerebellar ataxia .But we have no family history..Is there any treatment available in ayurved??
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
can manage the condition

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting me.

cerebellar ataxia can be managed under ayurveda with oral medication
and external procedure (panchakarma)along with certain type of exercise Like suryanamaskaram..

Give the details mentioned below:

Cause for your fathers cereballar ataxia condition: stroke/degenerative cause/any injury?

What medication at present:

Any important medical history/past and present:

any investigation done: MRI/CT SCAN /BLOOD TEST/NERVE CONDUCTION TEST.

depends upon the cause and severity of the condition Treatment protocol will difffer.

so kindly give the details to guide you for proper managment under ayurveda.

thank you
stay healthy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 11 minutes later
Cause- may be degenerative or may be due to injury because he had his spinal cord operation in c3-4 region before 5 years. after 1 year of surgery the problem is arising...

Medication--no medication .. only vitamin tablets (ALMITO) and URIMAX D for urine problem.

Medical History- he had spinal cord compression in c3-c4 region

MRI report- Report suggestive of cerebellar atrophy

If any treatment option available please give me the contact details to start the treament
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
holistic approach will help

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
thanks for your reply.
I gone through the history.
We may control and manage and give a better life.many neurological motor neuron disease can be managed effectively in ayurveda.
After a detailed physical and neurological examination he need internal medications and panchakarma and varma acupressure(traditional method) will stimulate the brain as well as cerebellum.
you need inpatient treatment for minimum 20 days. Depends upon the response treatment protocol will extend and vary.

I suggest
1.kottakkal XXXXXXX vaidya sala -many branch hospital in XXXXXXX More in XXXXXXX
2 XXXXXXX saradha ayurveda hospital-kanayakumari-tamilnadu. Www.saradha.ayurveda.com.
contact them for your treatment and advise.

thank you
hope I answered your query, if no further clarification kindly close the session and rate the answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 2 hours later
Sir last question...I have read the it is a genetical disorder. So is there any possibility that we will suffer from the same disease???
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
rare chance of genetic exposure

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
first we have to rule out the clear cause for your father condition .many reason like stroke, any injury and other major causes are there.

not all cerebellar ataxia caused only by genetic disorder.

however if your father got it through gene exposure from your ancestor or gene mutation chances are there to affect you.
To confirm with gene exposure you need to go for gene analysis.so for in XXXXXXX there is no lab to do that test.
but as of now modern medical science research very minimal and so rare chances to affect you.

thank you
hope I answered your query.
stay healthy