need more details
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following points needs clarification for Ayurveda Management.
1. please mention the [CAUSE] of the back pain
since first step in Ayurveda Management is Treatment of the cause [निदान परिवर्जन]
2.Were you evaluated by an Orthopedic Surgeon for any structural problem [ruptured or bulging disc] & what was his/her observation? [were any investigations carried out to rule nerve compression]
3. I usually enquire about following Risk/aggravating factors from my patient(s) and same is requested from your side:
i. Age - older adults are more susceptible [age is fine]
[please mention about your weight]
iv. any addiction [Smoking in particular]
v. Strenuous physical exercise or physical work [poor posture]
4. any associated symptoms with back pain like: pain down the legs,urinary incontinence
, fecal incontinence
around the genitals, anus, buttocks
5. Do let me know about the medicines which your Doctor has given, so that any drug-drug interaction
5. Do revert back for Ayurveda Treatment and Medicines, in the mean time start incorporating following Ayurveda Dietary Regime and lifestyle changes:
i. Avoid: urad dal, curd, fish, jaggery, milk, incompatible and heavy food, suppression of natural urges, anxiety, grief, outdoor activities when sky is covered with clouds, and cold wind.
ii. Take: maize, horse gram, karela, dried ginger, garlic, ajwain,saunf, XXXXXXX marich, saindhav lavan, hing, jeera, old ghee, lukewarm water, castor oil, light walking, sudation, warm clothes, garlic and ginger mixed butter milk [लस्सी].
iii. fry 250 ml ginger juice in 250 ml of til tail, when 250 ml remains [make sure oil doesn't get burn], filter it after cooling and massage.
iv. boil 1 spoon dried ginger [सौंठ] in 4 cups of water till 1 cup remains, filter it and add 2 spoon castor oil and drink.
i. Maintain straight back posture while sitting or standing.
ii. avoid bending forwards and lifting weights.
iii. sleep on hard mattress.
iv. gentle massage
v. back exercises: Leg raising in dorsal recumbent position, push ups, swimming.
Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician