Suggest ayurvedic treatment after surgery for fistula

Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Ayurveda
Question: Dear Sir,
I had Surgery of fistulla and little pus is coming out of open wound .
I want to know aurvedic powder to dissolve in water while doing sitz bath like ksharsutra thread

Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes we can cure fistula in ayurveda

Detailed Answer:

Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for consulting HCM.

We can treat fistula in ayurveda system of medicine.
You should take both internal as well as external procedure with diet plan and lifestyle modification.
Sitz bath in the water with Tripala choornam will help in getting out infection so that we can avoid pus formation. Procedure like(ksharsutra) tying a thread (medicated) in the fistula region will help in healing the condition.

along with internal medication like Haritaki legiyam,Adhrista rashaynam and adding citrus food rich in vitamin C will help in healing the wound in fistula.

Kindly give some more detail for for proper advise and management

Occupation:
Any family history of hypertension/diabetes/any other disease?
How long suffering from fistula?
Any re occurring episode?
Diet habit
Life style
Any other relevant history/comment want to share.?
surgery detail from discharge summary - if possible. for better understanding of the condition

Kindly get back to me with the above detail.
Thank you
Stay healthy

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 4 hours later
Sir I had Piles oprated in 2011 by Surgen ,and again 2012 & AGAIN IN 2013 NOW DAYS IAM FEELING ISSUE FISSTULLA AT ONCE STARTED WITH HEAVY PAIN BUT PAIN IS DISCONTINUED AFTER 7 DAYS WHEN ITS ABACUS TYPE OPENING BRUST NOW PUS IS COMING FROM OUTER OPENING AFTER 2-3 DAYS MY OPENING GETS CLOSED BUT AGIN PUS INSIDE INCREASED AND THEN AGAIN ITS GETTING OPENING IAM GETTING VERY MUCH FADE UP I HAD ALSO ISSUE OF STOMATCH CLEANING 2 TIMES DAY ONCE IN EARLY MORNING ANOTHER AFTER 2-3 HOURS OR AFTER EATING I HAD TRIED UNIENZYME,TRIFALA,ISABGHOL BHUSI ETC. PLEASE SUGGEST I DONT WANT TO GO PAINFULL OPERATION AGAIN ITS JUST 15 DAYS OVER MY DUTY IS NOT FIXED MANY TIMES I HAVE TO TRAVEL FROM ONE CITY TO ANOTHER CITY MY WEIGHT IS 80 KG

I had Abacus is getting closed and opening again after 2-3 days

i had operated in XXXXXXX on 2nd July 2014 of this month but my doc. done operation on another place now i had heavy pus discharge and pain in abacus and operation area is also having puss may be from abacus but iam afraid it will lead to complication and my doc. said it is normal abacus will heal automatically and old abacus which is giving pus left normal started Pus which got infacted area of operation then i had again surgery on 15 July for Abacus removal on 15 july 2014 dr said after surgery that is fistulla track which is cutted down

Now today is 18 July I had no bleeding but Abacus area operated is swelled and also giving pus and my surgen us giving answer this is normal

Previouslly i had heared that ksharsutra is best option but my doctor said it is too leanthy process but i had 15 days over by my fistulla first surgey and my first wound of operation is open and new wound is giving pus

Dr. I need your suggestion for Sitz bath previouslly i had visited to aurvedic Government hospital in XXXXXXX he had given me dark brown powder for healing but i dont know name of this powder

Sir i need Strong powder for sitz bath as my wounds are open and leaving small pus and iam fearing it will reaccour .please suggest strong dose for sitz bath water coming in my colony is not so good quality pls suggest So that my Fistulla will not reaccour iam getting very much afraid by this
or any fistulla cream to stop reaccourance
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Advised medication

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I am very much concerned about your problem.

First follow my advice clearly.
You should be at rest at least for 3 to 4days initially.

There is no strong powder which will facilitate you.

Sit bath will help in cleaning your anal and fistula area to avoid infection.

Pass your stools in the morning and follow the advice mentioned below.
Mix Tripala choornam powder with XXXXXXX warm water or normal water for sit bath. Sit in the tub facilitating the wound and fistula area submerging. Allow it for 10 minutes.
Clean it and take bath.
Dry your body as well as wound area.
Use oil XXXXXXX tailam (excellent medicine in healing the wound and I am 100% confident from my practice).
This product will be available in SKM siddha and ayurveda company. And IMCOPS siddha and ayurveda you can order and get it.
Take a gauze piece and apply( XXXXXXX tailam) oil in it and fix it in the wound and pus discharging area. Before applying clean it with betadine solution.
Wear cotton panties. Be in rest at home.
Again repeat it in the evening as same procedure mentioned above.
Internal medication:
Lohasavam – 20 ml with 60 ml of warm water twice a day.
Haritaki legiyam- 3gram with honey twice a day.
Capsule.bael (Himalaya drug company)-2 twice aday
Vitamin C tablet (500mg)- twice a day.

Diet:
Eat more vegetables and fruits.
Avoid dry ,fried ,spicy foods.
Prepare steamed food. Rice with dal, curd.,coconut water,butter milk etc.
Lifestyle:
Avoid constipation. As well as avoid actions which increasing your intra abdominal pressure.
Avoid stress, anxiety.
At present situation rest in much needed for you.
Ultimately you need to give better attention to your fistula otherwise as you fear it will lead to complication.
We need to give time to your body to assist and healing the wound. we can’t control the infection in anal area unless proper management given to that area because we need to pass stool regularly and stool will have certain infection ultimately you will prone to infection. So being at home you can assist yourself in keeping the wound area cleaned and protect from infection consistently.

Prefer healthy lifestyle.

Continue this for 4 to 5 days. And get back to me with your feedback.
XXXXXXX tailam is a one of the finest external medication which is overall practice d in south XXXXXXX by the siddha and ayurvedic doctors. Even modern surgeon also use this oil for unhealed wound and long term ulcer.

Thank you
Stay healthy

Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 35 minutes later
Thick pus is coming. From operated area like wise nose when we had cold

Thick pus is coming from operated area is ok or not actully iam afraid of this pls suggest
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
thanks for your reply

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Let me know whether you have diabetes or not?
Are you on any antibiotics now? details of medication?
When did you visit your surgeon after surgery ( last visit) ?
What is his comment on pus discharge?
Whether you got any other symptoms along with pus discharge?
Are you in proper rest or in work at present?

For your understanding:

Mucus discharge will be usually there after the surgery.

Understand the Differentiation between pus discharge and mucus discharge.
Pus discharge will be purulent and yellow color, bad odor and pain will be associated.

However it is mucus or pus discharge, still you can follow my advice mentioned earlier.
For better result you soak the gauze in XXXXXXX oil and keep it on the wound and put few drops of oil into the opening of wound with the help of any filler three times a day.
Continue it for 4 to 5 days and get back to me.

if you any further query let me know I will be there to help.
Thank you
Hope I answered your query

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj