Suggest ayurvedic remedies for tremors in the fingers

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Ayurveda
Question: Neuro problem:-Right hand of mrs.XXXX (F) age about 67-68 years perhaps suffering from neuro problem.She is under treatment of alo -path doctor.who prescribed 1.TIDOMET PLUS 125mg.& 2.RASALECT
0'5mg.but no result. atleast one year passed. May i get any help from Ayurbed.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
further necessary information

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayureda with your health concern and after reviewing your history do let me know regarding:

1. Tidomet plus (carbidopa + levodopa) and rasalect (rasigiline) are prescribed in Parkinsonism (neuro problem) thus are they given by a Neurologist or Medicine specialist.

2. What are the symptoms associated with her neuro problem? any bladder bowel changes, gait disorder

3. In Ayurveda I usually manage such patient's on the line of "Kamp Vaat" which can be started after clarification from your side.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 49 minutes later
Will you pl.advice any ayurbedic medicine ?
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
necessary medicines

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for reverting back.

1. Since you have not clarified about the questionnaire thus following is/are recommended medication(s):

i. Zandopa granules
ii. Tablet Mentat

I will be able to provide more information / comments if you can provide the information requested.

Dr. Munish
Naimittika
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 23 hours later
Sympton:-Right hand i.e. from wrist to finger is tremoring in idle mood,but when she works in the kitchen or any other place ,there is no tremor.
1.while taking food ,she takes maximum time to lift her hand to mouth.
2. Originaly she is a patient of (a) Diabetic (b)High blood pressure (c).Arthrites.Regular medicine (Alopath) are taking as per advice of Alopath Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
further line of management

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for reverting back

1. As tremor are present in idle mood but not during action thus are resting [static] tremors more commonly seen in Parkinson disease [PD] as against action [intentional] tremors seen in cerebellar disease.

2. Time delay of food from hand to mouth could be due to the associated rigidity [cogwheel] type due to the presence of static tremors and/or bradykinesia [unless proved otherwise]

3.     As there is positive history of diabetes, high blood pressure which could be explained as:
i. As in Parkinson there is dysfunction of autonomic system resulting in hypotension and if hypertension is there [presently] it could be primary hypertension which co-exist with PD also high blood pressure leads to multiple infarcts in brain which can worsen the problem

ii. Diabetes is a risk factor of PD [it is hypothesized that diabetes might increase the risk of PD partly through excess body weight] and also in diabetes people due to clumping of amylin [endocrine hormone] the neurons begin to die

4.     Levodopa is considered the treatment in PD and the herbal medicine Kapikakachhu [ mucuna pruruiens] contains levodopa in its natural form

PS. This is used in powder form or tablet form of aqueous extract.High doses are given,which are very effective and do not usually exhibit the side effects seen with the modern chemical molecule [Zandopa powder by Zandu]

5. Other herbal medicine which you can ask after consulting a qualified Ayurveda Physician there is/are: vish tinduk vati,agni tundi vati, mahayograj gugullu, vrihat vaat chintamani ras, ashwagandha,panchskar churan,full body massage with XXXXXXX tail, medicated enema with dashmool oil or if interested I can courier you the medicine with dosage.

Dr. Munis
Naimittika

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana