Suggest ayurvedic remedies for grade-2 fatty liver disease

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Alternative Medicine
Question: When i went for my annual medical checkup during whole abdomen ultra sound grade 2 fatty liver was detected. i have history of digestive problem since my childhoood. Nowadays i take panticid 40 in the morning as otherwise i get acidity. I also take pre/pro biotic due to which my digestion has improved.

Need advice on a) how do i take care of fatty liver preferably with ayurvedic medicines b) want to stop pantocid are there any herbal remedies.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
probably Functional Bowel disorder [GRAHANI]

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and after reviewing your case history I'm of the following opinion:

1. As there is history of digestive problem since childhood it could probably be celiac disease [consult with a gastroenterologist regarding the same]

PS. As you have contacted online on this platform, make sure to have face to face interaction with a Gastro Doctor for physical examination and necessary investigation. [stool test/colonoscopy/sigmoidoscopy]

2. After going through your reports provided I'm of the following opinion:

i. your lipid profile is abnormal [dyslipidemia], so are you taking any medicine(s) for the same?
ii. HbA1c value also points towards prediabetes

3. Does symptoms increases/worsens during time of STRESS?

4.Do let me know about your Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D3 values along with blood pressure measurement and Thyroid Profile

5. Is fatty liver due to some addiction or because of some metabolic disorder?
PS. since there is/are dyslipidemia and also value of HbA1c [glycosylated hemoglobin] is 6.0 which according to XXXXXXX diabetes Association falls under pre diabetes thus metabolic problem could result in fatty liver.

PS. Since diabetes is related with carbohydrate metabolism which is deranged/disturbed in liver thus could probably be non-alcoholic fatty liver.

6. do revert back with above questionnaire and if everything is normal I'll Advice management on the line of GRAHANI and herbal medicine(s) for same will be couriered to you.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng