• question-icon

Suggest ayurvedic remedies for elevated creatinine levels

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Ayurveda
Question: My mother is suffering from bp problem her cretanaine level is 1.85 and blood urea 57 is there any ayurvedic treatment which can reduce this as my doctor said there is no treatment in allopathies for reducing cretanine level
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Is it Hypertensive Nephropathy or Renovascular Hypertension

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting the Ayurveda section of (A)YUSH and after reviewing your case history I'm of the following opinion:

1. What is the opinion of your attending physician: has high blood pressure resulted in kidney changes [as suggested by kidney function reports] or chronic kidney disease has resulted in elevated blood pressure.

PS. do let me know about her blood pressure measurements

2. In Ayurveda apart from Medicine dietary restriction plays an important part in reducing the creatinine level and bringing back kidney functions to normal
- check with serum electrolytes also
- Principle is to have more of proteins and calcium and restrict intake of salt and potassium
. Take a normal quantity of carbohydrates and fat.
. avoid potassium containing food like tomato, fruit juice, coconut water, potato, chocolate, papaya, banana, grapes, cheese, and leafy vegetables.
. for calcium take plenty of milk, guava, fish.
. if serum creatinine increases, then protein intake has to be restricted.
. be in the constant/regular supervision of Urologist or your physician and check with the tests periodically since kidney function can/may deteriorate unexpectedly.
. Herbal medicines which are useful in such conditions will be discussed after you have replied with your clarifications

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist