• question-icon

Suggest ayurvedic medication for PCOD

Posted on Fri, 4 Aug 2017 in Women's Health
Question: hi doc,my wife has PCOS issue as per her reports and due to this pcos she has insulin resistance. she is taking auyrvedic medicine for pcos and sugar. after 3 months of sugar medicine her HBA1C level has come down to 5.9 from 6.1. i am attaching her reports of floicular scan latest and previous. kindly suggest is there any improvement or not. latest report is not in the period duration. as her doc obsevred rise in bbt temprature and thought of ovulation and sent her for scan without periods. latest report is of 11th july and last report is of 12th XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sharing your health concern with us.

There is improvement in the level of HbA1c. Yet, the change is not so significant as observed with the use of medications like Metformin.

I have gone through the reports. The reported dated XXXXXXX does not show any mature follicle and the appearance of the ovaries has been described as polycystic. In the report dated July there is no evidence yet of any ovulation and in addition, a cyst has developed. So, I find no improvement.

In the current scenario, I would suggest opting for allopathic treatment since the results are good and I cannot comment on the success of ayurvedic treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN