Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Suggest appropriate spectacles to reduce eye defects

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1170 Questions
doctor, need some suggestions and recommendations, which kind of lens can be useful...some store are coming up with different coating namely blue light block coating, ozone coating ,reflective coating,...i have -5.5 on both eyes...what kind of spectacles are technically good either rectangular,round,aviator etc i have an oblong there possible to reduce my eyedects naturally...
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anti reflective coating is good

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Anti reflective coating probably blocks some of rays from computer and TV,so we personally recommend them to our younger patients ,who have to use computers a lot.
The power you have is stabilized now and is unlikely to change for next two decades and it doesn't regress by natural means.
Any further query in this regard, please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor