Suggest an over the counter medication for chest congestion and stuffed nose
Take antihistamine and anti inflammatory drug combination.
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, possibility of Upper respiratory tract infection is more.
So do following things.
1. Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself hydrated.
2. Do steam inhalation and warm water gargles 5-6 times a day.
3. Take combination of antihistamine and anti inflammatory drug. Combination is easily available over the counter. Names are Dcold total, Diamonic DCA etc.
You can ask to pharmacist about combination of phenylephrine, chlorpheniramine and paracetamol combination. (if you don't get above mentioned brand names).
4. Also start broad spectrum antibiotic like levofloxacin or azithromycin once a day.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Amigdalitis over the counter medication
- Over the counter medication for poison ivy
- Suggest medication for congestion
- Arthritis medications over the counter
- Over counter medications cellulitis
- Suggest the medication for chest congestion
- Over the counter adhd medication
- Usages of over the counter medication
- Over the counter antifungal medication
- Over the counter medication for vertigo