Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

157 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest an over the counter diuretics

Answered by
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 1930 Questions

Posted on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I am lookiing for natural and/or over-the-counter diuretics
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns. Natural diuretics include green tea, parsley , hibiscus and various fruits and vegetables including watermelon, grapes, celery, asparagus, onions, garlic and bell peppers.. however their action can be mild and may not be effective if you are experiencing severe edema..
Unfourtanetly most diuretic medications require a prescribtion with the exception of Diurex water capsules , diurex aquagels and Aquaban (pamabran) .. However, diuretics need to be used with caution as overuse can lead to the side effect of dehydration and they can also cause the side of skin rashes, sleeping disorders, iron deficiency. Also
removal of excess water may reduce the essential vitamins and minerals from the body, resulting in a nutrient shortage. I hope you find this helpful
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 14 minutes later
Thank you for your response. I do have a follow-up question, just in general. Do you have the ability to provide prescriptions? For example, the Ventolin is a prescription medication - would you be able to provide a prescription for that?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not online prescriptions.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, hello again..

Unfortunately prescriptions need to be in written format from a licenced doctor in your county..

I hope I could help you further..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on