Suggest an ideal diet plan for weight loss
I am having weight issues. The more i try to lose it, the more i gain. I think i am not following diet according to my body constitution. I need help in understanding my body constitution and try to lose weight according to it. Please help.
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and for knowing individual constitution (prakriti) you should consult/visit nearest experienced Ayurveda Physician near to your town since It will depend upon " Dashvidh" & "Asthavidha" Pariksha (ten and eight points of exmination) however in between you can tell me your weight/age/height in uderstanding your BMI (body mass index) to have a general idea.
DIETARY AND LIFESTYLE CHANGES
1. There is a limit to how much one can exercise every day. An average (non athlete) person cannot run or exercise vigorously for more than 30 minutes i.e. you cannot burn more than 300 calories through EXERCISE everyday! So it is important to control the tongue, along with whatever exercise you do:
½ hour of walking burn 130 calories
½ hour of jogging/running burn 300-350 calories
½ hour of swimming burn 250 calories
½ hour of cycling burn 150 calories
½ hour of aerobic exercise burn 250 calories
½ hour of light exercise like writing/driving burn 50 calories
i.e. if you don’t exercise you consume about 2000-2500 calories per day. To this you Add any of the above exercise protocol to consume more calories, and keep your calorie consumption below 2000 per day and you will be losing weight
. Tips on Eating: Starvation is not the right way to loose weight. Take the right type of diet and eat heartily:
.sedentary lifestyle, day time sleeping after meals, newly harvested rice, curd, butter, ghee, cheese, cream, chocolates, cakes, pastries, ice-creams, XXXXXXX
. oils should be reduced to minimum, avoid deep fried foods like puries,bhujees,potato chips.
.avoid potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, yam, nuts, fruits with sweet pulp like XXXXXXX chickoos, bananas and grapes.
. Avoid processed and tinned foods, opt for fresh foods
. Drinking cold water after exercise.
. Eliminate all cold food and drink; you should eat nothing that is refrigerator cold.
WHAT TO EAT:
.start the meal with large bowl of thin soup, followed by good volume of salads prepared with green vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, lettuce, cucumber, sprouted pulses). This will prevent you from taking extra servings of the meals. Drink plenty of water and diluted buttermilk.
.Avoid rice, take roti or phulka,without oil or ghee.The bhaji servings should be prepared from green leafy vegetables,onions,cauliflower’s,lady’s finger,radish, turnips, mushrooms, sprouted pulses. Oil may be substituted by gravy of tomato, onion, garlic, and ginger, in the curry or bhaji for taste.
. For morning and evening snacks, take recommended fruits, vegetables and low fat (skimmed) milk, black tea without sugar has negligible calories.
. Carbohydrates: fat requires carbohydrates to burn, so take them in moderation like grains.
. DEVELOP HEALTHY EATING HABITS:
. Do not eat only 2 large meals a day. It leads to overeating due to hunger. Take snacks in between. It is advisable to eat a good breakfast and light lunch and dinner.
. Keep a quiet and pleasant atmosphere in the dining hall. Watching TV while eating, talking, arguments, angry discussions all lead to overeating g.
. Eat slowly; chewing each bite thoroughly gives a feeling of satiation.
. Do not be tempted to finish up the leftovers.
. Use nonstick cooking ware for cooking
1. Ayurveda though is a slower process, but in case of weight loss: haste makes waste, so one has to be gradual in his approach.
2. It is wise to take vitamin and mineral supplementation during this period, to ensure that your body does not lack any nutrients
Do revert back for any clarifications
Dr. Munish Sood
I am taking protein shakes with soy milk in the morning after having honey and lemon in warm
water... having green salad in the afternoon and rice at night.
i had taken a XXXXXXX quiz which shows me as pitta or vata-pitta but nowhere related to kapha. thats why i dont understand why i am fat. moreover, i avoid all kinds of oily products and control my eating habits fasting twice every month. i go to gym and do aerobic exercises daily for at least one hour. it has been six months, yet no improvement.
i need serious help. please....
Thanks for reverting back.
1. Since your dietary regime is evenly balanced and have an active lifestyle thus consult an Endocrinologist or Gynecologist for your problem and check with hormonal profile (thyroid function test).
2. Spring is the best time to begin bodily renovation, since warmth of spring and the heat of summer help melt away fat and reset the set point.
3. Since you have a Vaat-Pitta XXXXXXX thus you should follow a Vata controlling diet in fall and winter and Pitta controlling diet in spring and summer, since pungent increases both Vata and Pitta and sweet controls both these Doshas, specially avoid spicy,pungent food (increase Vata) and take more of sweet (kapha).
further necessary assistance
Thanks for reverting back and after much of conversation and going through journals I'm of the following opinion:
1. As XXXXXXX (individual constitution) is mainly defined during pregnancy thus cannot be changed or manipulated BUT Vikriti (pathological investigation) if occur in a person should be evaluated on following parameters:
. If cause and symptoms of vikriti are more in strength but his/her Prakriti-Dosha-Dushya-desh-kaal are of similar quality then the pathology will be strong likewise if strength of cause and symptom is less but other parameters are not similar then pathology will be of low intensity.
PS. for this either you have to evaluate yourself or get an expert opinion from a qualified Ayurveda Physician and only then one can crack your Samprapti i.e. Pathogenesis.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Looking a diet plan for weight loss
- Need a diet plan for weight loss
- Suggest plan for weight loss management
- Ideal body weight loss
- Suggest diet plan for weight loss and weight gain
- Kichadi diet plan for weight loss
- Weight loss with hcg diet
- Suggest some diet fitness and weight loss tips
- What is an ideal diet for sustained weight loss
- Maharashtrian diet plan for weight loss
- Bleeding from anus after passing stools, frequent smelly bowel movements...
- Child's skin becoming darker with little sun exposure. Stool is always...
- Suffered from Malaria, Chicken pox and skin problems. How keep myself...
- Underweight. Taking Ayruvedic treatment. No improvement. Suggest
- Have dry skin and soryasis symptoms on head. Has white spots on legs....
- Frequently suffer with dehydration. How can I overcome it?
- Suffering from Varicose veins in leg with swelling and pain which causes...
- Frequently getting cold and fever. How to gain weight and increase...
- Uderweight and having poor appetite. Started vomiting while eating. Help?
- What are the benefits of using baal amrit?