Suggest an ideal diet plan for weight loss
Diet and Exercise
Weight loss is actually nothing but bringing the physical activities and calorie (through food) intake, to an equilibrium. To achieve the same you need to work on the dietary changes and do regular exercises to achieve the healthy weight loss without compromising on the nutrition levels of the body.
Increasing the physical activities, helps you burn more calories and hence supports the weight loss by increasing the metabolism. At the same time reducing the total calorie intake ensures that the fat reserves are used for energy production. Some changes that you may introduce for healthy weight loss are:
1. Reduce the total calorie intake. Avoid too sweet and starchy foods like sago, sugar, sweets, refined and polished rice, tapioca, potato and colocasia etc.
2. Add plenty of fibrous food to make up the volume includes raw salads, lettuce, sprouts, whole grains etc. in the diet plan.
3. It is equally important to mind the fats. Saturated forms like pure ghee, cream, butter etc. are fattening. It is therefore advisable to prefer the vegetable oils in limited quantities. Choose from peanut oil, corn oil, rice XXXXXXX oil etc.
4. It is a good idea to add more vegetables to the diet. Ensure that there at least one vegetable preparation in the meal, and when hungry add more salads and vegetables than adding the cereals or pulses.
5. The heavy pulses and legumes should be preferably taken for lunch. Eg. Take rajmah, Lobhia, black channa etc. for lunch, to ensure proper and complete digestion.
6. There should be at least one portion of fruit every day in the diet. All fruits are allowed except XXXXXXX sapota, grapes, banana, custard apple and ripe jackfruit.
7. Consume plenty of salads and fluids. Include tender coconut water, salted lemon juice, green tea (sugarless) and wheat grass juice for improved metabolism.
8. Consume low fat dairy products, and avoid butter etc.
It is also advised that you follow the meal timings as much as possible and follow a 6-7 meal pattern. The meals should be small and frequent, with plenty of fluids. Start the day with a Glass of lukewarm water with lemon and ½ tsp. cinnamon powder.
Do not lie down immediately after the meals. Sleeping on time and taking sufficient sleep helps in maintaining the metabolic rate. Make healthy lifestyle changes and follow a balanced activity routine. This would help you in achieving the desired weight goal faster.
Since you have knee problem it is recommended that you do the exercises under supervision of a qualified trainer after consulting with your doctor.
If you wish to get a Personalized Diet Plan, kindly log on to our portal and opt for "Ask A Dietitian" service.
Hope this would help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Looking a diet plan for weight loss
- Need a diet plan for weight loss
- Suggest plan for weight loss management
- Ideal body weight loss
- Suggest diet plan for weight loss and weight gain
- Kichadi diet plan for weight loss
- Weight loss with hcg diet
- Suggest some diet fitness and weight loss tips
- What is an ideal diet for sustained weight loss
- Maharashtrian diet plan for weight loss