Suggest an ideal diet chart while on hormone replacement therapy

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Im 47 and in perimenopause. Ive just started nhrt therapy and im overweight. What is the best diet for this phase of my life??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regular exercise and maintain a healthy weight.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Bring in some lifestyle changes:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and Green leafy vegetables.
2.) Avoid high calorie foods and saturated fats.
3.) Exercise regularly for an hour and brisk walk for 30 to 40 minutes daily and maintain a healthy weight
4.) Avoid smoking and alcoholism
5.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation
6.) make sleep a priority and sleep for a minimum of 8 hours daily
7.) Dress in layers and avoid hot beverages warm rooms, caffeine, Spicy foods, to avoid hot flashes
8.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up
You can increase intake of soy, flax seeds, red clover, whole cereals, whey proteins, legumes and green leafy vegetables. You can also use menopro powder 2 spoonfuls with milk twice daily. Other measures are regular light exercise like yoga or walking, use of evening primrose oil. Calcium supplementation is important to prevent osteoporosis.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
I know some fruits are high in sugar !! Are there some i should avoid!! I heard sugar was bad for hormone bslance!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take more of juicy fruits.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You need to avoid all sweet fruits like XXXXXXX grapes, banana, etc. You can all the juicy fruits like orange, pineapple, watermelon, etc.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.