Suggest an ideal diet chart for an iodine allergy patient

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I had a CAT SCAN a week ago and I discovered after 3 days that I'm allergic to iodine I'm suffering from severe rash
what food shall i try to avoid and what not
I taking now Novo Prednisone 50mg and benadryl

I want to ask about urosolvine is it good to take or not and shall i take plenty of water
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please avoid certain iodine containing foods if you had allergy in the past

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

Iodine contrast is rare and unfortunately you have it.

Novoprednisolone and benadryl will help you recover fast.

Iodine is contained in foods likel fish, soy and dairy foods. Therefore if you have been eating these food without any allergic reactions then you can continue eeating them but if there was any allergic reaction after consuming foods then you have to avoid it.

Foods contain iodine in traces and therefore if you never had any allergy after taking iodine containing foods then the amount of iodine was probably less to cause any reaction.

Urosolvine is a medicine to be taken in treatment of stones in the urinary tract and gouty arthritis. If you are diagnosed with these conditions then you can take urosolvine for a while and watch for treatment response. Additionally you can take adequate amount of water, about 2 to 3 litres every day to help flush your kidneys.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.