Suggest an ideal diet chart for a hepatitis B patient

Posted on Fri, 15 Jul 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: what food and Vitamins should a person be taking that has (Hepatitis B) and is there a cure. and what kind of Dr should I see
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can consult infectious disease specialist.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Welcome to HCM.

There is no such specific treatment for acute Hepatitis B. Therefore, the care is aimed at adequate nutritional balance maintenance, including replacement of fluids lost from vomiting and diarrhea. You can take food rich in protein, fibers like green leafy vegetables along with some multivitamin powders for increasing immunity.

Chronic hepatitis B infection can be treated with medicine including oral antiviral agents. Treatment can slow the progression of cirrhosis, reduce the incidence of liver cancer and improve long term survival but not clear the virus completely.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist