Suggest an appropriate diet for diverticulitis
My husband has diverticulitis and he is still minor pains. I am trying to follow the instructions on the web. So, I am feeding fiber rich food with shake style instead having just nuts.
Can you give him your suggestions ?
May God bless you always,
I can help with advices.
Yes, I can help with advices.
Your husband should avoid constipation and eat foods rich in fibres. Yes, nuts have a lot of fibres but fruits and vegetables are good also. He should drink plenty of fluids and exercise daily.
Do you have any specific question? Let me know.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Klarida Papaqako, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low fiber diet for diverticulitis
- Diverticulitis diet with chewing tobacco
- Proper diet for diverticulitis diverticulosis
- Diet for diverticulitis
- Diet diverticulitis flare up
- Diet during diverticulitis attack
- Suggest diet for diverticulitis attack with pain and nauses
- Diverticulitis diet while pregnant
- History of diverticulitis suggest diet
- Diet for diverticulitis patients
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?