Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Suggest an antifungal medication

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 6941 Questions
i am looking for a medication i used when i was in the army station over seas in the canal zone.the medication called at that time was whitfield solution for jungle fungus is that medicine still available.if so where can i obtain it.its a liquid solution.thanks XXXX
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need a broad spectrum antifungal Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Whitfield solution is an antifungal preparation. Plenty of anti-fungal preparations are available as over the counter drugs in most parts of the world. Most of these preparations are broad spectrum and can treat a number of fungal infections (the jungle fungal infection that you have mentioned). These drugs are available by different proprietary names. You can consult your doctor for prescription of the preparation. Whitfield solution was used in earlier times but now-a-days better preparations are available. If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor