Suggest an antidepressant which has the least amount of side effects

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Wondering what antidepressent has the least side effects
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think agomelatine

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Although it is difficult to answer this question but I feel agomelatine is one of the safest antidepressants for treatment of depression. The another medicine which comes to this category is tyneptine.

Both of these antidepressants are atypical and have very low side effect profile.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 24 minutes later
I was taking sertraline hcl 25 mg fir a few years stopped it this past may. Never had a side effect. A few weeks ago trued ti take it again. And was terryvle nauseas dizzy farigued. So stopped it. But i truly need ti start back on something
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

Considering the above history I feel you should ask for either lexapro or celexa as they have similar efficacy in compare to zoloft but slightly lower risk of side effects.

I hope this helps you further.
If you have more questions I will be glad to assist you further.
If you do not have more questions, please close the discussion and if possible rate the answer for my future patients.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.