Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suggest an alternative to Exforge

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3773 Questions
I am on exforge 5. What generics could I take in place of it I am not working right. And the Dr gave me samples
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Amlodipine and valsartan

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

It can be difficult getting our medications when we do not have permanent job. I am so sorry about this. Believe me, I feel and share your plight and hope you get to move out of this situation of financial difficulty soon.

Exforge contains 2 active drugs. Amlodipine(calcium channel blocker) and Valsartan( Angiotensin receptor blocker). These drugs are both available in the generic forms in the pharmacy. You can get it or also ask your doctor to try you on other molecules from the same classes of drugs. Talk to your doctor bout your financial difficulties as there are several other less generics that he may want to get you on. Di he already do and not have favorable results or he just started on exforge?

I hope this helps. I wish you well and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. Feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor