Suggest an alternative to Exforge

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am on exforge 5. What generics could I take in place of it I am not working right. And the Dr gave me samples
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Amlodipine and valsartan

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

It can be difficult getting our medications when we do not have permanent job. I am so sorry about this. Believe me, I feel and share your plight and hope you get to move out of this situation of financial difficulty soon.

Exforge contains 2 active drugs. Amlodipine(calcium channel blocker) and Valsartan( Angiotensin receptor blocker). These drugs are both available in the generic forms in the pharmacy. You can get it or also ask your doctor to try you on other molecules from the same classes of drugs. Talk to your doctor bout your financial difficulties as there are several other less generics that he may want to get you on. Di he already do and not have favorable results or he just started on exforge?

I hope this helps. I wish you well and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. Feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be.