Suggest an alternative to Azmacort

Dr. Behar Greca

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi I have used Azmacort in the past and just found out when I went to the Doctor that is no longer available. He prescribed Symbicort. After I read the insert it sound stronger than I need with more side effects. Is there another inhalant I can use similar to Azmacort.
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend Flixotide...

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting!

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

One of the substitute alternatives to Azmacort is Flixotide(fluticasone propionate). Flixotide is really effective in treating bronchial asthma and it has less side effects than the medicines you have mentioned above.

You should consult your allergist, ask him for the dosages you should take and ask him to prescribe it.

Feel free to ask for anything unclear.

All the best,
Dr. Behar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T