Suggest an alternative medicine for Synthroid

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Profound fatigue. Usually last 24hrs. This time day 5 .thyroidectomy 2013. Have not been the same since. I work out cardio/ weight train 7 days a week.. 60y/o 11 percent body fat. Sleeping 13 hrs a day. Still fatigue. Switched to generic synthroid? Are there any new meds that might help me for hysterectomy
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check the TSH level.

Detailed Answer:
I would suggest you that the problrm is not with synthroid rather than with the dose.
You didn' t mention when did you check for the last time the TSH level, if it is more than 6 months i would recommend you to check it. It is within the normal ranges than is not the thyroid the cause of fatigue.
Regarding the concern related to hysterectomy, please give some more detailes and explain better your query.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D