Suggest an alternative medicine for Klebsiella pneumoniae ear infection

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Thu, 25 Feb 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: For the last 2 years I have discharge from left ear. I am completely deaf in the right ear and for left ear I am using hearing aid. There is a hole in the left ear drum. Different Antibiotics tablets have not helped. Doctors have advised timpolapasty surgery but since I am completely deaf in the right ear, I am worried that surgery may affect the present hearing in the left ear. One ENT surgeon advised me to take culture and sensivity of the discharge. Culture report revealed heavy growth of klebsiella pneumoniae and it is resistant to most of the antibiotics. I understand that homeopathy has medicine for this infection. Can you please advise
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Imipenem, Meropenem are promising medications against k.Pneumoniae!

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic!
I have carefully worked through your case, and can well realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns today and will put my best efforts to get you out of this situation.

Actually K.pneumoniae has got a specific kind of chemical substance that renders most of antibiotics useless.

We have a superb variety of very magical acting antibiotic class that is useful and looks promising in my daily clinical experience. Imipenem. Meropenem are two of them. Please ask your Physician to prescribe one of them for you as these are prescription medications. You will see improvement in discharge.

If you fail somehow to get improvement (although less chances) go according to the advice of Otorhinolarngologist as he says for Tympanoplasty. This will be good for you and if Surgeon is seasoned and well trained, results are more promising.

Never try Homeopathic medications at this time of advanced infection. And that's to when you also have got culture sensitivity report. How can you heal that infection without killing the pathogen with Antibiotics!!!

At this stage aggressive approach is needed, not conservative treatment options.

Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have further clinical concerns or doubts. I will be more than happy to get back to you with my expert opinion. Please don't forget to give rating (5 stars if agreed) and write a review to help me assist my patients in a better way; and, please click on 'Close This Discussion'.
For any disease you have, a timely follow-up is very necessary regarding the treatment efficacy and to see if there is a need to change the treatment options. So keep a follow up to see how you doing (Always write down my name in the start of your questions at this forum & I will be with you in no time).

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj