Suggest an alternative medicine for Hydrocodone

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: doctor has me on ciroflaxacin 500mg. Thinks its an infection of the bladder or prostrate. Antibiotic is not helping after 4 days. much abdominal pain with bloating and gas. Feel very weak and shaky. Doctor prescribed hydrocodone, but that doesn't seem to ease the pain. Should I go to the ER?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Change of antibiotic is needed

Detailed Answer:

Yes, better visit the ER.

Presence of pain even when on hydrocodone, feeling weak can be signs of ongoing active infection. This implies that the antibiotic you are on is not helping. It needs to be changed.

I suggest you to visit the ER and get the antibiotics changed. If it is bladder or prostate infection then antibiotics of Cephlosporin group would work better.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137