question-icon

Suggest an alternative medication for Prilosec taken for regurgitation

Posted on Mon, 9 May 2016
Question: my 17 year old daughter has been experiencing regurgitation for about 4 months. We have tried OTC Pepcid and moved on to Prilosec with no relief. She is moderately overweight but has been working out and loosing weight for about 6 months.
Answered by Dr. Samir Patil (32 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Increase the dose

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Thank you for the query.

I would suggest to take prilosec twice a day.
Avoid tea or coffee, citrus fruits, red meat,chocolate , mint , deep fried foods.
Get regular exercise. Do not lie down for at least three hours after dinner.
In case the symptoms then you need to visit your doctor as she'll need blood work and a upperGI endoscopy.

Hope this helps
Dr Samir Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Samir Patil

Gastroenterologist