question-icon

Suggest an alternative medication for Follihair taken for hair loss

Posted on Sat, 21 May 2016
Question: My daughter age 19 is having severe hair loss for 2 years.
Her height is 152cm and weight is 40kg.
She is taking Follihair for one month but it has not helped.
Kindly suggest
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Undergo blood tests, upload pictures of the scalp

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcare magic

I can understand your concern.

There are many causes of hair loss and treatment depends on the cause.

The most common causes encountered by me are thyroid disorders, anemia, certain drugs, fevers like typhoid and malaria, surgery and chronic diseases including that of the scalp.

I recommend her to undergo haemoglobin, serum ferritin levels and TSH test to rule out the anemia and thyroid disease.

I would also recommend you to upload the photographs of her scalp so that I can ascertain the pattern of hair loss and can guide you accordingly.

Moreover hair supplements like follihair tablet take time to act. They need to be taken for atleast 3-4 months to see any significant improvement.

Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist