question-icon

Suggest an alternative medication for Butrans

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016
Question: My health plan changed and now my 30 day supply of Butrans 20 mcg patch is $545.00. I am looking for an appropriate substitute that would be in formulary.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

The Butrans patch can indeed be expensive. An adequate substitute may be Suboxone, an oral buprenorphine/naloxone pill. This requires a specially licensed prescriber to prescribe. This is the only alternative to Butrans on the market.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist